If you are a sports betting fan, you will know that the game of darts is an enormously popular international sport that is played throughout the world. Because of its popularity and international appeal, online and mobile darts betting has become increasingly popular with online betting sites. For those who have tried online betting, the advantages are clear to see. Online betting is easier, faster and offers more variety than land-based betting agencies. This means that sports fans have the opportunity to join in on the betting action no matter where they live. With darts betting, anyone can place an online bet using any tablet, smartphone or mobile device.
Types of Online Darts Bets
If you are new to the game of darts and have never tried mobile darts betting, you don’t have to worry. The good news is that the betting can be as simple or as complicated as you wish to make it. Bets can be made prior to games or tournaments as well as during a live game where bettors can take advantage of the changing dynamics of each match. To make things easy for you, the various types of darts bets are explained below:
- Outright Winner – Prior to the start of tournament you can select which player you think will win the tournament.
- Match Betting – This is where you simply select which player you think will win match.
- Highest 3 Dart Average – Betting on which player will have the highest three dart average in a match.
- First 180 – You can bet on which placer will core the first 180.
- Most 180s – You can bet on which player will score the most 180s throughout the period of the match.
- Highest Double Percentage – With mobile darts betting, you can bet on which player has the highest double percentage of the match. This is worked out by amount of darts thrown at a double by the number of those darts which hit a double.
- 9 Dart Finishes – You can choose to bet if there will be a 9 dart finish or not.
Before you Bet
For the novice bettor, one of the best ways to get into betting on Aussie sports betting sites is to start off with a simple win/lose bet. Once you are more familiar with the types of bets and the various rules of the game, you can branch out to other more exotic bets. The rules of darts may seem complicated at first glance but it only takes a few minutes to understand the basics. It is a good idea to learn all the rules of the game before placing any sizable bet.
Darts is a game based mainly on physical skill and fitness. If one player has an injury or has been out of the sport for a while, it is most likely they will not perform at their best. A bettor should always know the history of the player in question as well the win/lose statistics at the current playing grounds. With mobile darts betting, the more you know about the sport and the players, the better your chances of winning.