If you are a rugby fan, you have probably thought about betting on your favourite team. You may not know it, but rugby is a national sport in many countries and is filled with action and drama with every game. Played mostly in the commonwealth countries, rugby is proud game with a long and respected history. Since the introduction of the internet, and the arrival of mobile casinos millions of rugby fans all over the world have been able to bet on each and every game using their tablets or smartphones. With mobile rugby sports betting, sports fans can support their team and place any number of bets on any rugby game at any time with just a simple tap of a screen.
Rugby Union and Rugby League
The first thing all sports fans needs to know about mobile rugby sports betting, is that there are two distinct forms of rugby a bettor can bet on; namely rugby union and rugby league. Rugby union is the slower version of the game where teams battle for possession in each half. Rugby league is a faster paced game that is played for a slightly longer time. Most major international games are played as union rugby games. For both league and union rugby, bets can vary from the straightforward to the exotic all depending on the bookmaker and the match type.
Types of Mobile Rugby Bets
Since rugby is a team sport much like soccer or hockey, in mobile rugby sports betting, the options can range from very basic to complex. The betting options cater for both novice bettors as well as seasoned rugby fans. Some of the most commonly offered mobile rugby bets are shown below:
- Outright Winner – This is a basic bet on who will win the game. The teams usually have odds next to them describing how much the pay-out would be for a win. The team with the highest odds is usually the underdog and pays out the highest.
- Total Points Betting – This is a bet on how many points a certain match will have. You can bet over the amount or under the amount for a win. This bet is also called over/under.
- First Try Scorer – This is a bet where a bettor chooses an individual player who will score the first try of the match.
- Supremacy Bet – This is a bet on how many points a team will beat another team by. If the point is set at 5, it means that team A has to beat team B by five points to win the bet.
- Future Bet – In mobile rugby sports betting, this is a type of wager that predicts the winner of a tournament or series, the series can be local or international.
What to Look out for
In mobile rugby sports betting, the most important thing is to know your team. The more information a mobile sports betting USA enthusiast has, the higher his chances of placing a winning bet. Same winning chances apply when your are to place bets on AFL premiership games. If a team is currently on a winning streak, then chances are they have the mental advantage going into the game. If a team has a number of injured players, the game could be entirely different. Before placing any sizable bet, bettors should know the history and statistics of each team on the field.